As people become more conscious of the impacts of their choices, organic products are becoming very popular. But, amidst all the new terms and concepts associated with organic, everyone is bound to have a lot of questions.
As parents, we understand the hours of research behind every decision we make for our children. To help you better understand organic clothing and the benefits it can bring, here are all your questions answered.
Please note- Below are the most popular questions asked by parents, so we got parents on our side to answer them :)
- “What is organic clothing exactly?” Organic clothing is made from materials that are grown without the use of pesticides, or any other chemicals. This means that the materials & process used to make organic fabrics are respectful to the environment, and the workers. Organic clothing additionally is also very gentle on the baby’s sensitive skin. To learn more read here.
- “Why are Makemake clothes marked as Intended for Daywear?” The law states that all children’s sleepwear must be flame resistant to meet federal safety regulations. However, at Make Make Organics all our products use 100% organic cotton that is not treated with toxic flame retardants. Our pyjamas, rompers, and sleeping gowns feel like buttery soft goodness that will drift your baby to sleep in minutes. As we do not use flame retardants on baby clothes, they cannot be classified as sleepwear per law.
- “Do you use flame retardants on baby clothes?” Short answer- NO. The law requires that children's sleepwear must be flame resistant and self-extinguish if a flame causes it to catch fire. But studies have proven, using flame retardants in clothing are linked to a host of developmental issues in children and hence no Make Make product uses flame retardants.
- “Is bamboo fabric organic?” There is no such thing as organic bamboo clothing as bamboo textiles have not been certified yet. Additionally, vast majority of bamboo fabric is rayon which makes it impossible for it to be organic.
- “How do Makemake clothes fit?” Babies come into this world in all shapes and sizes and their fits are as uncomplicated as a fine print on a banking statement :P We follow ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) standards for our sizing and try our best to maintain 100% accuracy. Our clothing runs true to the sizing mentioned in the size chart on our website.
- “Why are Makemake products packed in cotton bags and what should I do with them?" We aim to reduce wastage at every stage at Make Make Organics. The cotton bags that you receive your products in are made using all the extra waste fabric. You can use them to store baby toys, hair bands & little accessories. You can also use them for storage or as a laundry bag for your delicates.
- “Why was my order shipped in multiple packages?” Our goal is to make the world a better place, especially for the next generation. With that mission, we aim to reduce our carbon footprint by using complex algorithms and a network of fulfilment centres. We make sure that the items come from warehouses closest to you and that the fuel consumed in the process is minimized. This is why sometimes you may receive your order in multiple packages.
We hope this answered some of your questions too. We are always grateful for your love. Please write to us on social media or email regarding any queries you may have and we would love to answer them.
The parents at Makemake Organics